Monday, November 19, 2007

Derek Wheeler
10-29-07
Blog no 9

Of course, I wouldn’t want to lose any of my five senses. But if I had to choose one to lose then it would probably be the sense of touch. I have plenty of reasons why I wouldn’t want to lose any other sense.
I wouldn’t want to lose the sense of smell for two reasons. First, I wouldn’t be able to smell food cooking or air fresheners. Second, it could be a danger without smell because if there is a flammable gas leaking in a room and I light a match, I would die or become seriously injured.
Losing the sense of taste would drive me insane. Not being able to taste pies, cakes, chocolate or any other kind of food would be torture.
I would never want to lose the sense of sight would make my life extremely boring but also dangerous. I would never be able to play games again and I would always have to be careful that I don’t trip over something.
If I lost my sense of hearing, I would never be the same. Music is so great and it even relieves stress. I would also never be able to sing again, which I love to do, or be in chorus class.
That only leaves the sense of touch. It would be terrible to lose the sense of touch but at-least I wouldn’t feel any pain ever again.

No comments: